Friday, January 21, 2011

Stumped

I have always wanted to have private thinking spaces in our backyard for each kid.  (Goodness knows they / I  need them!)  This weekend, I found inspiration: stumps.  A funky property up the hill from our house was selling beautiful round chucks of wood.

In order to lift them into our car, I had to include Jeff.   In fact, I had to use an "if you love me..." pass.  (You can't use those lightly.)  They do, after all, alter our "stuff" equation in the wrong direction.  But, the stumps are home, and each child has chosen their spot:
  • Will's is beside the hole he is digging from our yard to the Boulder Creek; 
  • June chose a sunny spot next to the rope ladder;  
  • Clara claimed the space around the water fountain.  
  • We put John in the corner.
We'll spend some time this spring planting flowers and personalizing.  Hopefully they will get some use.






3 comments:

  1. I'm stumped about why June is wearing her summer clothes in the winter snow:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Grandma Sherron. BUT stumps are a great thinking place. My thinking place was the crook of a banyan tree which was planted in our front yard. I sat there for hours. I am not sure but I think Jeff's thinking place was Big Bear Creek behind our old house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little John was put in the corner. :) He, he...

    ReplyDelete