Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snowball Fight Hike

Our fallback family activity is hiking.  Skiing may be more in the repertoire as the kids get older, but for now, I'm quite happy with winter hikes.   Lately, this also means snowball fights.  Our kids excel at stockpiling and running and enthusiasm, but lucky for Jeff, they have absolutely no aim.  He sat on a single rock, but didn't get hit once.

Is it cruel to be so amused by my own kids' inabilities?  I find it hilarious - all the build up and determination and confidence.... and then total ineptitude.  I have a flash of thinking myself dark.  Like tonight, did I laugh a little too hard when John tried to sit on the dishwasher but missed?

Anyway.  It's just a snowball fight.  And even if they can't aim, I'm still thankful that Jeff's their target.










3 comments:

  1. Who's having the MOST fun ? The biggest laugh?
    Everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hike and to throw snowballs, but if I got out in our yard I would sink three feet. Hooray for you EDGE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you for getting your kids to hike! Wish I could say that happens over here! :)

    ReplyDelete