Monday, January 17, 2011

Big Sky Hike

Today, the kids were out of school.  So...  we went on a hike! That, and drank Root Beer Floats.  In fact, the hike was a necessity after the floats. The sugar high lasted for hours.

The big kids did some off-roading, leaving poor John on his perch in the back-pack.  As I watched them, I thought about the push / pull of wanting / not wanting them to run off, as they did up a big hill.  

It's not fair really.  I generally want them to detach from me and explore, until they do.  Then I want them back, safe, within my reach.  But, I'm thankful.  These explorations are just the beginning.









That's them, waving from the top of the hill.


2 comments:

  1. Staggering, beautiful photos. I hope they are going into albums. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete