Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holiday Traditions, Part IV - Shows


A favorite holiday tradition of mine that we somehow carried out this year was attending some shows. Taking advantage of the season, I went to one with each of my kids, minus John that is. (Sorry, John, but your presence would have been miserable. He sits beside me as I type and shouts a muffled "Nooooo. Noooooo." His new favorite word.)

The selections fit each child to a T: First, June and I saw the Nutcracker. A month later, she's still obsessed. (We may have gotten our "Clara" and "June" names mixed up.) Second, Clara and I saw a holiday concert by the CU Music Department that had lots of participation and activity. Talking loudly through the whole thing was totally cool. Finally, Will and I went to see "The Christmas Carol" with good friends. It's sometimes hard to tell these days, but he did sit quietly, absorbing the whole thing, so I think he enjoyed it.

Each outing included hot chocolate, dressing up, talk without interruption from other siblings, sitting in laps, or for others, jiggling coins and handling tickets. After getting this tiny bit of culture, I vow to get out more in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Superb - all of it! I love June's coat, too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect choices. Am proud of your pulling it off...not easy in busy times.

    ReplyDelete