Monday, April 2, 2012

A Bag of Morning Ease


Our mornings are not always easy.  Between the school's late start and Jeff's long commute, it is a single parent job for me this year.  From the wake up call to breakfast to packed lunches to the rush into the school doors --  it's my domaine.

You learn what must go smoothly.  In our household, locating shoes and picking out girl clothes the night before is paramount.  But then, it's never that simple.  I have to find tricks to make the trick (picking out clothes and shoes the night before) more enticing.

I recently made some bags for this purpose.   Having these homemade bags to put clothes in seems to endow the chore with the proper specialness, at least for now.  And because my daily opinion of myself is all too often linked to my ability to hold it together (or not) on our mornings, these little bags hold more than clothes.  They hold my self esteem.

1 comment:

  1. One can never have enough bags to "hold things together!"

    ReplyDelete