Monday, December 12, 2011

Wrapping and Rotting Potatoes


In our house, we are beginning to wrap.  Earlier this season, on a pretty day, with rotting potatoes in the kitchen, we brought some brown paper and red ink outside.

Will chose the job of whittling the potatoes and came up with trees and wreaths.  Clara and June stamped.  John... I don't remember.

Their attention span didn't last as long as I'd hoped.  I will likely come up a little short.  But it is nice to remember that day as I wrap.







2 comments:

  1. So nice that you do not shrink from the mess of paint...so easy to do in these days of computers (where clean up is so easy) and inexpensive wrapping paper. Cook that you have the children carving their stamps. I am always so amazed at adults who have not had that experience and get excited by the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Alice! This looks like so much fun. I am one of those adults that Linda talks about, who hasn't had the experience of stamping with vegetables. Or maybe she just means messing with paint; THAT I have done and love to do!

    ReplyDelete