Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tree Luck


This past weekend, our family cut down a Christmas tree in the mountains.  It was a first.  And it was based on luck really.  Any other Colorado winter's day, our "family car" would not have made it up the steep, icy road.  But the clouds parted, and all future tree-seeking days are doomed by the comparison.

The initial hike was a bit daunting, but again, the warm, blue-sky day saved us from: 
- Clara's self-imposed snow down her boots, 
- June's wet coat after making about 100 angels,
- Will's pre-teen rejection of winter coats, and
- John's refusal to get out of the back-pack.  (Actually, that's a good thing, any weather).




I really tried the whole time to hold my tongue.  I learned this from a hike with J.J. in the 9th grade.  He told me he could only handle so many "Oh, this is so beautiful"s.  It was a good lesson. I know my kids would pass along a huge thank you. 

Anyway, the price for holding my tongue was to scream "This is so amazing!" in the form of 1,000 pictures in about 1 hour.  (Aha! Maybe that's the source of my photography obsession:  repression.  Again, thank you J.J.  Are you reading this?)

So, here are just a few:










1 comment:

  1. Ah...Just the right amount of snow and a fresh tree to boot! It is sooo amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete