Thursday, November 4, 2010

Noses


John has discovered his nose. Today, as I am driving, June shouts, "Mom! John has his finger in his nose. It seems like it's stuck!"

I remember this phase with all the kids, the time they figure out this perfect fit for their tiny little fingers. For some, the phase lasted quite a long time. For others, it was a nervous tick. For example, "Hi, this is my daughter June" was code word for "Put your finger in your nose."

Anyway, John's personal discovery happened today. He seems quite enthralled. In fact, if you ask him about any body part, he points to his nose. I say, "John. Where are your toes?" And he points to his nose. Or "John, where are your ears?" And he points to his nose. Not a precise pointer finger to the tip of his nose, but more like a failed drunk driving test kind of point, somewhere on the side.

Anyway, we'll see how long the fascination lasts. It does remind me how parents are so blindly gaa-gaa over their own children: I think it's cute!

2 comments: