Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why Sleep?

Sleepy John
My days lately are disproportionately consumed with little John. He's sleep deprived and cranky. We're working on it. Personally, I could do baby forever. Then around 14 months old, I find it tough since he'll no longer sleep with/on me while I'm on the move. And much as it sounds appealing to spend 1/3 of my day with him in bed, I have to be on the move.

So, here is John's top ten list of why he can't sleep, from John:

10. These dancing boats that June hung over my bed are very distracting.

9. I need the black-out blinds that my mom bought (for her 4th child who is 1), but has never gotten around to hanging up.

8. These teeth were made for biting!

7. The cat is scratching on my door, and I want to pull his tail.

6. I need to finish emptying the sand box.

5. These white noise things in my room are too loud. I can still hear my brother and sisters out there anyway. And why aren't THEY sleeping?

4. I can't stop thinking about how I got busted this morning with cat hair AND June's hair stuck on my jelly-covered fingers.

3. I need to practice my pitch - my throw AND my scream.

2. I don't FEEL like sleeping.

1. BOOBS!

2 comments: