Monday, August 30, 2010

Live and Read

Will is reading the Harry Potter books, a second time around. He's taking it to another level and is eagerly anticipating his 11th birthday, a/k/a his induction into Hogwarts. Around the house, we have potions,

and crow feather quills,

and dragon egg marbles cooking round the clock.


Then, we end the night with family quiddich.



(Clara caught this shot of John and me playing.)

Imagine if adults lived their books in the same way. I'd be opening a restaurant (A Homemade Life, by Molly Weizenburg), while living in a treehouse (On The Divinity of Second Chances, by Kaya McLaren). Sounds wonderful, actually. I think I'll try to stir up some quiddich-level family support.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm - as part of this extended family, we'll try to get into this "quiddich " activity. It sounds fun, certainly LOOKS fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it is about time to pick up Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice, I know you are so busy, but your discussion of Will and Harry Potter made me think of one of my projects with my grandchildren. I discussed this in my very first blog post. I'd love for you to read about the Harry Potter Wee Folk dolls! See this at http://aliceslookingglassblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/ive-just-begun-to-blog.html

    ReplyDelete