Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Challenge Hike



Each year before school starts, we do a challenge hike. For the older kids and the baby. And for me. It helps me punctuate our summer. It makes me feel full to have an amped up experience before school begins.

It was Clara's first time to do the hike. Will had done it when he was 6, too. (That time, I had June on my back instead of John, who was in my tummy, unbeknownst to me.) This year, it was challenging due to the hike itself and due to our time crunch. We were an hour late picking up June from preschool. Living by the clock is an eye-opener!



We fittingly wrapped it all up with finger knitting at the ice cream store.



3 comments:

  1. School doesn't start here for probably a month, hooray! I must look up finger knitting again; and you make me wish I had more ritual in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! 'Love those new shoes. They look perfect for a challenge hike :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Mount Sanitas? We climbed it with all our 4 kids and Erik's sister and her family (including their 4 kids!). You should have seen the 12[!] of us! We were quite a spectacle!

    ReplyDelete