Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fall Road Trip


I recognize that my longtime fascination with road trips may be a manifestation of attention deficit disorder.  After a quick trip to the mountains with June, I see that I'm right on track to pass that along to my kids.  Here is what we crammed into 24 hours:
  • 6 hour drive, each way
  • 10+ stops to gaze at fall leaves
  • 4+ stops for photoshoots
  • 3 stops for little hikes
  • 1 lunch stop in Leadville
  • 1 stop to watch a local parade
  • 1 stop to get some school clothes
  • 2 stops to read
At our destination, our pace was equally phrenetic: hiking, biking, running, eating, leaf boat racing, bookstore-ing, cafe-ing.  For the love of roadtrips, I don't think I'd trade the ADD.  The real conflict is  pollution.  We need a hybrid.

But, I do find that there are few better ways to connect with your loved one that cruising the world together.  Being present.  Taking it all in, side by side.  Or in our case, front seat - back seat.












2 comments: