Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Allowance versus Hornets


For a while now, I have had a mental block about allowance.  I want our kids to learn how to manage money and how to earn it!  But, I've made the whole deal a little more complicated than it needs to be.

For example, I've gotten distracted by the delivery of the funds.  Hooked on the idea that the kids retrieve their allowance via their own mailbox attached to a white fence, I also dreamed of their reaching over flowers to get it.  While the mailboxes have been there for years, the cosmos below are  from seeds planted in August!  I have definitely strayed from the whole allowance issue, but by now, the kids have, too.  After waiting so long, they anticipate hornet nests in their boxes, rather than funds.  But, we're back on track.  Sunday delivery.  After chores...



1 comment:

  1. How clever to put the allowance in their mailboxes after chores are done. The pictures of a sunny day, a white fence, cosmos and mailboxes show some of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete