Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cheap Gardening Part II: Bulbs


Fall bulbs really bring out the cheapskate in me.  They also shout out childhood parables involving delayed gratification:  You reap what you sow, long after the sowing.

This year, I am living the parable.  I returned from Costco and McGuckins with:
  • 200 muscali (grape hyacinth) bulbs
  • 200 daffodills bulbs
  • 36 iris bulbs
  • 20 narsicus bulbs
  • 10 allium bulbs
We (I) have worked hard.  John dug one very deep hole.  The girls laid the first 100 into the ground, but have long since bailed.  I keep planting, with the promise beauty down the road.  Or possibly winter food for the squirrels.

2 comments:

  1. That will be a beautiful gift in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some of those bulbs landed down the street :).

    ReplyDelete