Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day


There was a lot of red and pink in our household these past few days.  Purple, too.  On the heels of Christmas, I always look forward to Valentine's Day.  I think, "Oh, I've got plenty of time to get organized for that holiday."  As I drive from activity to activity, I dream up projects and compose beautiful cards to my husband, my kids, loved ones, people I barely know...

I didn't actually get pen to paper for my Valentines, but the kids sure enjoyed some frenzied creativity during sub-zero temperatures.  We produced quite a bit, even as some of our ambitions remain undone.  Here's what we made:
  • We sent Christmas thank you notes with Valentine hearts enclosed.
  • We decorated lingering white Christmas lights with deep red.
  • We sent packages to grandmothers that held everything but the kitchen sink.
  • June personalized watercolor hearts with her growing vocabulary of adjectives.
  • John practiced drawing stick figures on hearts.
  • Clara and I sewed some paper bird and heart hangings.
  • Pink and white paper around the house became confetti.
  • Clara filled little bottles with lavender that we harvested from our yard in, oh 2008.
  • Finally, Clara invited friends over to make a flag for the senior center nearby.  Despite our most noble effort, however, we didn't manage to deliver it until after Valentine's Day...
Anyway, here is some evidence of the mayhem:











2 comments:

  1. Lots of colorful thinking, imagining and giving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I got to benefit from all that Valentine spirit.

    ReplyDelete