Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Homeade Part II - June's Sling


I finally finished making a baby sling for June's baby "Brown Eyes."  ("Sparkle Eyes," the twin, gets to ride in it, too, but Brown Eyes is #1.)

June deserved a sling.  Her babies are always close.  I thought she'd eat it up.

The inspiration came from an old bridesmaid's dress / skirt.  (Thanks, Katie.)  By cutting off the bottom, it was a nice easy transformation.  Still, it took a while to get it right.  Brown Eyes always seemed to fall out, so I added some ribbon to the edges and thought it was a great fix.

But, this homemade creation quickly fell into a certain category:  neglected.  I envisioned lots of use, lots of cuddling, almost a permanent accessory.  Instead, it quickly got tossed into a pile, rarely to resurface, despite all my great expectations.

Oh well.  It was fun to envision its use, and it was not that big of a deal to make.  Just one of many parenting lessons about moving on.



1 comment: