Friday, October 28, 2011

Fleeting Fall


On Monday, I caught a bike ride along the Boulder Creek in the height of Fall.  There seemed to be a general consensus among everyone I saw that we were lucky to catch it.



Two days later, we had 8 inches of snow.  There's really no choice but to feel lucky again.  This time, to take a walk with my little boy who hardly remembered the last snow.  Clara certainly felt lucky.  She ran outside to fill her mouth with huge clumps of snow, saying "I've been longing for this all year!"  For her, it's not unlike living in Appalachia and craving red dirt.







The only unlucky ones were the trees.  The whole world looked 6 feet shorter as they slumped, and too often snapped, with the weight of the new season.

1 comment:

  1. I love snow also. Ours comes tonight and the snow blower is working! Glad you got in that one more Fall bike ride

    ReplyDelete