Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bugs: The Pet Grasshopper


This is John's pet baby grasshopper.  The 1/2 inch blue feather.  He played with it and took care of it for hours.  June joined in and matched his affection with maternal love.  In fact, a few days later, it is still in their realm of concern.  

For a moment, I watched and projected an adult perspective:  Wow.  Am I raising some fragile souls here?  We are truly apart from the world.  Do I need to harden them up a little bit?  

But, I quickly let go of my jaded concern and embraced their coddling.  Honestly, it feels good to care for just about anything.  And that includes a tiny little 1/2 inch blue baby grasshopper feather.



1 comment:

  1. I was always glad I was not perfect so that the children could be prepared for the world.

    ReplyDelete