Friday, March 14, 2014

Making Things: Pom Pom Curtains


Recently, I sewed some pom pom trim onto my girls' cheap white curtains.  I did it by hand.  Stitch by stitch.

It seems like a slightly frivolous use of my time, attaching pink pom poms.  Just the title to this post makes me feel a little trivial.  And the endeavor was not even all that creative.  I connected things.  I didn't make anything up.  And the lives surrounding these pom poms are busy.  I can barely feed everyone, let alone sew them pom pom curtains!

Still, it gives me such a sense of satisfaction to have "girls' curtains" on my to do list.  And holding a needle and thread can make me feel right with the world.

So now that the pom poms are done, I am ready to put something new on my list.  Something equally... small.

Maybe I'll try ric rac.


3 comments:

  1. Don't you think sewing on those pom poms which are darling...who wudda thunk it...was meditative. I just sewed a mattress cover on a piece of foam for a big doll bed. It doesn't take too long and is a short respite from go go. Now for the 2nd doll bed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is my needle and thread? I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates.
    kids soft furnishings

    ReplyDelete