Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cranberries on Cedar


Today, amidst the cold and snow, Clara and I laid a bright red strand of cranberries on my favorite cedar tree.  Brave, bold colors await a brave, cold chickadee.

Just a few feet away, our warm home feels like a messy blur of color and tone.  Yet, we have our own clear contrasts: little joys and little sorrows, affection and anger, late night quiet and mid-day screams, cuddles and kicks, vegetables and sugars, sweet costumes and temper-inducing socks, dreams and worries, fears and hopes.

I remain inspired by the red on green and white.  Its beauty, its contrasts, and the clarity it inspires.  A nice vision for the new year.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read your wonderful blog again. This is a great one to begin he new year. ss

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me to get back on my blog! I loved popping on here and finding a new post. Let's get John and Eli and ourselves together SOON! - kyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm feeling inspired to and want to talk to you about that! SOON. xoxox

    ReplyDelete