Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Boots and Boats


John and I recently had some time in a wet field - time to make boats and float them in puddles.

Well, to be perfectly honest, John was first drawn to the playground.  I really didn't feel like chasing him around, lifting him onto zip-lines and trying to squelch my height advantage in tetherball.  I personally prefer to spend my time making boats out of grass.  Fortunately, John is a pushover when wearing his "puddle boots."  

So, I lured him into the temporary pond.  Then I got to enjoy taking pictures and thinking about how dreamy he appeared as he made floating objects out of reeds.  Actually, to be perfectly honest again, he stomped on the "boats" the second that they hit the water.   

Anyway, I got my idyllic scenes.  And I do think John had fun with his boots, and his boats.

 





2 comments:

  1. Wow! How marvelous - a little darling boy in boots and making boats. I especially like the big leaf-sail boat that John made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the water and boot routine forever and ever!
    Pretty photos.

    ReplyDelete