Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shower Spout and a Toddler's Mind

I had the opportunity today to observe some simple, unadulterated progressions in John's mind today.  There were no siblings, no parents (Obviously, I was there, but he'd forgotten about me), no friends, no animals.  Just John and a shower spout, easily an object of great fascination.  His thoughts seemed to go like this:

Cool - a shower spout, all to myself!


How do I turn it on?



I guess I'll get the sand off my hands and feet like everyone else does.


 But what if I do this??


And this!  I can make it spray everywhere.


I think I'll get some more sand on me so I can wash it off!

 

I'm thirsty!


2 comments:

  1. After reading this post, I found myself paying attention to my own shower thoughts. "Looks stubbly. Do I have to shave them? Is someone crying? So far to bend over. Someone is definitely crying. Must get a shower with a bench. She's not stopping. I'll just wear long pants."

    Hope you're having an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fine to observe and articulate!

    ReplyDelete