Wednesday, March 23, 2011

At Home


It is Spring Break in Boulder.  Luckily, my kids are too young to realize that a list of house projects doesn't exactly fit the bill.  Today, however, I got weary of our list, and we embarked on a close to home adventure.

Our first destination was John's doctor's appointment.  Always fun with four kids.  Then, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs.  I'd long heard about the giraffe that eat out of your hands.  It was great, notwithstanding John's new aversion to the stroller.



Then we headed to "The Garden of the Gods," which Will proclaimed is now his favorite place ever.   Maybe it is his love of Greek Mythology. Maybe it was the endless rock climbing possibilities.  Or maybe it is a secret conviction that it's a place he is most "at home."  John on the other hand seemed quite at home hiking around in his diaper.


3 comments:

  1. I love the AT HOME title. Spring Break is a special time. It doesn't have to be experienced far from home to be special -- especially when giraffes and red rocks are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Garden of the Gods when I attended Camp WaNaKa outside Colorado Springs. Thanks for bringing back special memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alice. I hope you don't mind if I read your blog. I love, love, love your family and the way you tell about them.

    ReplyDelete