Friday, March 18, 2011

La Luna

I do not pretend to have any parenting tricks.  Jeff, however, has one.  Here it is: "Want to see la luna?" Actually, it's interchangeable with "What to go look for deer?"

Four kids running, it works every time.  A child (must be under 3) will be in the throws of a fit and boom.  As if in a trance, they outstretch their arms and go on their search.  Any time, any place.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

So, were we to write a parenting book, that would be it.  I am baffled by the confidence of anything else.  (P.S.  Speaking of confidence, however, Jeff just requested that I use the words "baby whisperer.")

One of my favorite holiday memories actually involved la luna.  On the winter solstice, I forced myself (an unusual twist on "John forced me") to stay awake until midnight, and then woke everyone up with hot chocolate and candles to watch the lunar eclipse.  It was magical and strange and red and cold and beautiful.  By the quality of these pictures, however, I'm not sure anyone was actually awake.




2 comments:

  1. I'm speechless.Tonight is supposed to hsve a REALLY BIG MOON - but we forgot to look until it was too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had thought of that...and I forgot the Moon watch!

    ReplyDelete