Friday, December 31, 2010

Holidays Traditions, Part I - New Year's Eve Fancy


Our family has a New Year's Eve tradition of going to a restaurant that is not called Noodles, Chipotle or Noodles or Chipotle. (Appropriately, this happens just once a year.) So today, our adventure took us a few blocks away via a wagon-ride in single digit weather.

Dinner was frantic. June's piercing voice seemed only more so due to our surroundings. Clara "supervised" John, who dropped plates, flirted with neighbors, and tried the entire meal to climb on the table. Will brought his new prized possession - a calligraphy pen - and played family secretary to record our resolutions. We didn't get very far.

I love New Year's Eve. I am very susceptible to cheap inspiration. I love new beginnings. I love making resolutions. I have many. I just haven't had the chance to flesh them out. In fact, that's one of my resolutions: live with clarity, and finish things!

But even without a neat list of goals, I can count many, many blessings with complete clarity as 2011 begins.



2 comments:

  1. I love all these things too, Alice, and celebrations of all kinds are included. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete