Friday, July 2, 2010

Family Friends

On a recent trip to the mountains, our family learned how to make family friends at a Colorado Fun Park:

John: Cry loudly during the picturesque Friday night outdoor movie under the stars.

June: Get your ball stuck in a putt-putt obstacle, and persist for a l-o-n-g time to get it unstuck.

Clara: Descend the alpine slide at an ant's pace with a deadpan expression as about 40 disgruntled patrons follow, inches away. Then jump off immediately bragging about how fast you were.

Will: Throw up during a brave, lone ride on the Gyro-Extreme.

Jeff: Spew profanities in the company of young children when the USA soccer team loses.

Alice: Run around hysterically looking for a lost child as the information desk points about 20 feet away to the described little girl, waiting at her assigned post.

I try to avoid sarcasm around my kids. I also try not to lie. However, this post is obviously sarcastic. We didn't make any friends. And I confess. One of the descriptions is an exaggeration, for dramatic effect. Not that we need extra drama.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that picture of Clara with a backlog behind her. And the picture of glum, green Jeff is also classic. Looks like a day to remember, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha...so funny and love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS ALL FUNNY, ALICE - except the one about your being hysterical as you searched for a "supposedly" lost child. I can't bear the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know you but I just got here through a link on a friend's blog. My husband and I just laughed our ASSES OFF at both your descriptions and the photos. Best way to end the holiday weekend. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just now catching up with all the blogging activity. Summer has been a wonderful family experience for you all. How lucky!!! I think John C. carries on the antics of his uncle John D. who often screamed in the midst of gatherings - fearing we would forget he was there!

    ReplyDelete