Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Clara's 6th Birthday



On May day, in the midst of a trip to Arkansas, Clara turned six years old. She looks older to me already. I think she's secretly brushing her hair.

There's just something about Clara. Jeff and I have always felt it. (I know. It's the same awe that every parent feels. Everyone IS special.)

Clara is a pistol. She's firey (ok, bipolar) and funny and bright and graceful and strong and beautiful and vulnerable, and makes others feel vulnerable, when she's throwing punches, verbal and otherwise... My mother likens her to Lucy in Peanuts. I see the comparison, but would add that she's softer around the edges. She's full of passion and motion and curiosity. Do I sound like I'm in love? No question. I am...

Happy Birthday, beautiful Clara. I love you to no end.












3 comments:

  1. This is a darling birthday tribute to our precious six year old Clara. What fun it was to share her wonderful birthday. I love you too, Clara, G-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see the photos and a fabulous description of a special six year old. May have to break down to get the muffin holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, Alice! I can't tell you how eager Linda and I were to hear from Sherron about your visit to Arkansas and Clara's birthday. I am so happy to read and see your account! Clara is a most special little girl, no doubt of that, and how lucky she is to have YOU for a mother. Did Sherron tell you where she got the idea for the muffin holder?

    ReplyDelete