Sunday, April 4, 2010

Egg Tree Part II, and Easter

Today, after a brief moment of snow, we joined neighbors at the park to hunt for color coded Easter eggs. John slept most of the time, while Clara and June confiscated his eggs.



We made scones, eggs, and fruit for brunch, and made a centerpiece with some hyacinths.



We finished (for the most part) two Egg Trees...


I've wanted to get a picture of those inverted knuckles for a long time!

We ended the day with worms, gardening, timed loops around the house, timed bikes up the sidewalk, and soccer in the street. Sounds almost like the Fourth of July, minus that snow!


2 comments:

  1. What terrific art projects, egg hunts, pictures! I especially loved the basket of eggs hanging off of John's foot :). Did I mention the narrative? ALWAYS HITS THE SPOT!

    I did, though, just discover that the scones are scones. I thought they were odd-shaped rocks with snow in between each.fun, fun, fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, Shuffield7! I thought the scones were crackers with ants crawling over and around, and then I read the narrative. Of course they were scones! Snow, however short lived, brings out the scone maker in me...as did the flooding rains in Massachusetts last week. I love egg trees and little hands reaching for the eggs.

    ReplyDelete