Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Valentines


This year, Valentines Day brought the usual welcome splash of color.  The holiday's pinks and reds always land so fittingly on the winter scene.  

We made various momentos in our household - bookmarks for friends, hearts for teachers, cards for grandparents, and a banner with alternating hearts and "I love" messages.  

The "I love" messages were written with sincerity.  "I love pi."  "I love puppies."  "I love dad."  Then pop culture entered in, thanks to the latest "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movie.  In one scene, a family plus a friend sit around a circle table and play "I love you because."  It sounds quite sweet, though it is really an avenue for comedy.  Examples from the movie included: "I love you because... you keep my body clean" or "I love you because..." (silence, look up searchingly).  So, our family took to this routine quickly.

All this, and we haven't even hit the teenage years.  But, I do still love Valentines Day.  In whatever form, love is in the air.





1 comment:

  1. I love Junie, looking through the trees :). s

    ReplyDelete