Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Complete Moment

Tonight, I had a moment of completeness. I was cooking dinner (ok, multiple dinners since no one will eat the same thing), John was asleep on my back, Clara and June were giggling in the bathtub, Will was finishing his homework, and "Over the Rainbow" was playing from Clara's mixed tape, that new dreamy remake. I grabbed my camera and looked for something around me to capture my feeling. Avoiding the clutter all over the house, I looked down at John's little foot, draped around my waist, kicking with what I hope were happy dreams. (Photo to come.) That moment was my little gem, my spiritual vitamin, to propel me to get everyone to bed, to hold my sweet, but sick and cranky baby non-stop all night long (I'm typing with one hand), and to wait for my hard-working husband to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment