Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thinking of Sam

It is not always easy to have pets when you have young kids. Sometimes when sleep is short and patience is low, a cat that scratches on doors all through the night can push one over the edge. Especially when one parent is allergic. But we've stuck it out with my little Sam, who lived to the ripe old age of 16 years. He has been missing now for two days and nights. Given his feeble state and the lurking fox, I don't think we'll be seeing him again. I will miss him. It will take a long time for his spirit to move on, because I'll be feeling him for a long time - listening for his morning meow, missing his presense while I put babies to sleep, answering his scratch on the door to come in and out, and warming my lap at night after the other lap warmers are asleep.

In Sam's honor, we created this memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment