Monday, January 11, 2010

Birds and Floating Es

The kids got lots of art-making stuff for Christmas, and I LOVE it! Every day, they are grabbing from the art chest and heads down drawing for LONG stretches at a time.

Clara pulled out the bird book today. See if you can find a chickadee (her favorite - she whistles in conversation with it as we walk up the street), a warbler, a goldfinch, a bluebird, a wren and a painted bunting.

June learns from (imitates) Clara: grass on bottom, sky on top, full-figured flowers in the middle. June's image also proudly includes a floating "E."

I stitched some ribbon on a some waffle material that the kids painted. I love it when I see these things in use!


Tonight, I followed my routine of putting John to sleep during an episode of Brothers & Sisters tonight. My heart just melts. Long after the show is over, I'm sitting staring at him draped across my chest by the light of the frozen TV, cheeks smushed, lips all pouty, his expression so peaceful, so perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment