Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Romance


I like to think of romance as a loose term.  A way of life.  Today, Jeff and I had our usual weekday with barely space for a conversation.  Still, there was romance in my Valentine's Day:

Will serenaded the family 24/7 with "Englishman in New York," accent and all.  Clara played the teenage romantic, constantly professing her love to Sadie the dog.  June played up the wedding theme.  She married a stary-eyed John many times throughout the day.  Will winced every time she pinned him to be her husband.  To the tune of Taylor Swift, I had a slow-motion spin with John at the Kindergarten "morning movement."  He was up close and in focus while the rest of the world blurred.

I also carried warm to luke-warm tea with me much of the day.  Romance in a cup.  I listened to mellow Elizabeth Mitchell, whom I love.  I watched geese land in a pond while walking Sadie.  And finally, a gentle, yet elusive yellow balloon seemed to follow me all day long.


With the right state of mind (and a strong ability to ignore), romance is everywhere.








1 comment: